4141 Rockside Drive, Seven Hills, OH 44131
Visiting Professor I (part time contract)
October 2016 to present
- Participates in a dynamic setting to teach undergraduate students in a variety of degree programs with a blended-learning format (campus/online).
- Implement and embrace the philosophy, curriculum and course objectives by engaging students.
- Establishes an environment conducive to student engagement by effectively planning and preparing for classes, responding quickly to student requests for assistance and ensuring that students enjoy a powerful learning experiences.
- Identifies opportunities to enhance student engagement through collaboration with colleagues who provide academic and professional guidance.
- Promotes student success by demonstrating a flexible style and exhibit a passion for teaching by devoting time and energy to develop scholarly excellence.
- Engages with a diverse student body comprised of a variety of ages, cultural backgrounds, ethnicities and academic preparation using a variety of platforms and technology.
- Fosters a positive learning environment by keeping accurate records, submitting grades on time, and enforcing academic and attendance policies.
Bristol West - Farmers Insurance Group
5990 West Creek Road, Independence, OH 44131
Application Developer I
August 2014 to present
- Codes instructions for computer programs/objects/components.
- Configures 3rd party packaged software for the environment.
- Tests and implements all changes to ensure they meet specifications.
- Documents program logic and flow according to the standard procedures and convention and implements programs according to installation standards and conventions.
- Quality checks program code, related objects and documentation.
- Responds to Production Support issues.
- Works with business as required.
- Performs final evaluation of packaged software.
5990 W Creek Rd #175, Independence, OH 44131
Contract position as Web Application Developer
January 2014 to July 2014
- Help plan, design, develop, test, debug, and deploy highly-available applications using the .NET Framework technology with backend on AS400 system and IBM DB2 and Oracle database technologies.
- Support of software development efforts and enhancements involving a critical business system.
- Develop and debug backend code in VB.Net and ASP.NET for quote and policy coverage rating engine for insurance company software web application.
- Update MS SQL tables and stored procedures in MS SQL Design Studio for rating engine and coverage code.
6909 Royalton Rd #301, Brecksville, OH 44141
Contract Junior Developer
September 2012 - November 2012
- Developed web pages and forms in Kentico CMS using HTML and CSS for a major international client.
- Developed SQL stored procedures in MS SQL Design Studio.
- Performed back end coding in C# using Visual Studio 2012.
7100 E Pleasant Valley Rd, Independence, OH 44131
Contract Entry Level Web Developer
Waxman Industries, Inc.
April 2012 to July 2012
- Troubleshoot and develop code to customize a SharePoint extranet/intranet site to client's requirements using ASP.NET, HTML, CSS, XML, XSL, SharePoint Designer 2010, web parts, lists, and calendars.
- Develop queries in SQL for database conversion project.
4141 Rockside Road, Seven Hills, OH 44131
Part Time Faculty Assistant / Student Assistant / Tutor
November 2011 - July 2012
- Greeted visitors and answered general questions.
- Assisted faculty with lab coverage and grading assignments, tests, labs and other material in algebra, statistics, and various computer science courses.
- Assisted students through one-on-one tutoring, lab settings and small group studies in algebra, statistics, and various computer science, business and writing courses.
- Completed other projects and duties as assigned.
- Worked closely with coworkers to improve tutorial services provided to the students.
- Interviewed potential Tutors, mentor new tutors.
Prior non-IT related experience includes over 14 years as a Legal Secretary/Assistant/Paralegal and over 30 years as a small business owner, buying, selling, boarding, breeding, training and showing Arabian horses and active in the equine industry at local and regional levels.